Paul Birch, an Australian citizen & resident, established New Beginnings Skills International (Australasia) PTY LTD in August 2022. The company is registered with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
Australia has a long history of inward migration. The August 2021 national census reports that 50% of Australian residents were born overseas or had a parent born overseas. Our primary activity is to actively source and recruit skilled migrant professionals for our clients – Australia-based businesses and Government enterprises. We offer a suite of additional related services designed to support both Clients and Job applicants.
At New Beginnings Skills International, our goal is to become a significant contributor to the long-term economic growth and prosperity of Australia and its people. We aim to acquire high-demand skills from overseas while providing a “New Beginning” for thousands of skilled migrants starting a new life & career in Australia.
To be a major contributor to the long-term economic growth and prosperity of Australian enterprises and its people by the acquisition of high demand skills, both from within Australia as well as those from overseas wanting a “New Beginning” as new skilled migrants starting a new life & career.
New Beginnings Skills International Mission is to:
- Provide Australian Businesses and Govt Enterprises with high-demand skills from overseas that are listed by the Australian Govt. (SOL)
- Provide offshore skills solutions to Australian Businesses and Govt Enterprises.
- Source candidates who can live and work in Australia and meet the criteria for Visa.
- Assist International Students studying in Australia to find employment including internships.
- Provide support services to Clients and Candidates that result in a mutually successful outcome and long-term benefit.
Our Core Principles
At New Beginnings Skills International, we are committed to working with you to create a skilled solution focused on helping your business build, grow and flourish.
Our aim is to establish long-term relationships and develop a deep understanding of a Clients’ business needs.
Our Values and Guiding Principles guide our actions and how we engage with our stakeholders, including Clients, Candidates, Associates, Suppliers, Sponsors, Government and all other Institutions. We adhere to a clear set of values that underpins all our activities. And we expect all our team members and stakeholders to abide by them.
Ethics and Compliance
We are committed to doing things the right way. If something is illegal or unethical, we will not do it. Mutual trust and respect between our Clients, Candidates, Associates, Suppliers, Sponsors and other Institutions is the cornerstone of all our operations. And we strive to always safeguard the interests of all stakeholders.
Professionalism is key to all our operations. We are highly client and candidate focused in all our operations. And we are committed to tailoring our services to help connect our Clients with some of the best professionals in their industry. We are also committed to assisting candidates in contacting organisations that can benefit from their skill sets.
Quality & Innovation
We understand the needs of a constantly changing and evolving environment. We will continuously challenge ourselves to improve and innovate. Hence, we have a strategic approach to the sourcing and recruiting processes to ensure that all our candidates have the skills and talent to help our client’s businesses grow and flourish.
Our Managing Director, Paul Birch, has more than 35 years of experience working for major international corporations in Human Resources, Health & Safety, Corporate Communications, and Ethics & Compliance. During his career, he has established extensive international and domestic networks and connections whom he can call upon to support the business.
New Beginnings Skills has carefully selected partners/affiliates in Australia and overseas that are recognised successful leaders in their profession and business communities. All have experience in international recruitment and mobility and leading multinational workforces.
We are passionate about what we do and dedicated to helping our Clients find the right Candidates. And we strive to help them achieve that by connecting them with skilled professionals within Australia and from all around the world.
Why Choose Us?
- Australia is experiencing significant skill shortages across all sectors of the economy not seen in the past 50 years. Unemployment levels are at an all-time low of 3.4% (Nov 2022), and it will take years, if ever, to return to normality.
- The recruitment of migrants has long been the most effective means of meeting the demand for skills. The pandemic severely disrupted the supply of skilled migrants, and coupled with Australia’s ageing workforce, has resulted in a skills shortage crisis affecting all sectors of the economy.
- Most employers have historically adopted a “wait and hope” approach in recruiting newly arriving migrants and then competing for their scarce skills. “Waiting to see who arrives” is no longer an effective strategy and a new approach is required.
- We work with Clients to provide sustainable solutions & services to overcome skill shortages and provide them with a distinct competitive advantage.
- The pandemic has opened the enormous potentia for remote working and employment without boundaries. Working with recognised overseas partner organisations, we can provide short and long-term solutions, tapping into a vast supply of highly skilled overseas talent.
- We take a proactive & targeted approach to directly sourcing local talent as well as skilled overseas talent qualified to live and work in Australia.
Managing Director Paul Birch is originally from the UK and has more than 35 years of experience working for major corporations in Human Resources, Health & Safety, Corporate Communications, and Ethics & Compliance. It includes 25 years as a C Suite Executive with Global and Regional responsibilities.
New Beginnings Skills is establishing a network of partners/affiliates in Australia, India, China, Sri Lanka, and the Philippines. New countries will be added to our network during 2023 to include New Zealand, UK, Thailand & United Arab Emirates. All our Australian and overseas partners are successful leaders and organisations.
Paul has lived and worked in the UK, Australia, India, and UAE and has held responsibilities covering multiple countries. His industry sector experience includes Manufacturing, Agribusiness, Airlines, Oil & Gas, EPC, and Multi-Modal Public Transport.
During his career, he has led recruitment teams responsible for large-scale domestic and international sourcing. He has conducted international recruitment for all levels, including CEO, MD, Executive, and General Management positions. During his years in the industry, Paul has established extensive international and domestic networks and connections whom he can call upon to support the business.