Driving Career in Australia at a Glance
Are you a driving professional planning to immigrate to Australia and build a lucrative career for yourself there? If yes, several questions might be doing rounds in your head. For instance, is Australia the right choice? Would I be able to secure a stable job opportunity? What does a driving career in Australia look like? And so on. At New Beginning Skills, we wish you to start your driving career in Australia with clarity while securing the best available opportunity. We are a global driver recruitment agency in Australia that strives to match talented drivers with the right employment opportunities, ensuring a mutually beneficial partnership for drivers and employers. We understand that moving to a new country to build a career can be challenging, but we make it less so with the surety of a rewarding and promising job opportunity.
- The transport industry is a significant contributor to the Australian economy. In 2019, the sector employed around 623,300 people, accounting for approximately 5% of the country’s workforce.
- The road freight transport sector, including trucking, is crucial in Australia’s logistics and supply chain. According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, in 2020, there were over 49,000 trucking businesses in Australia, operating a fleet of approximately 204,000 registered heavy trucks.
- The wages for truck drivers vary depending on factors such as experience, type of truck, and the distance covered. As of 2021, the average annual salary for a truck driver in Australia ranges from AUD 45,000 to AUD 90,000, with long-haul truck drivers typically earning higher salaries.
All these numbers make driver jobs in Australia an attractive opportunity for expert drivers worldwide. Whether you are looking for a driver job in Australia for professionals from India, the Philippines, Europe, and other parts of the world, plenty of options might align with your expertise and skill set. So, connect with us today and with us pave a path towards a successful driving career in Australia.
Top Driving Jobs in Australia for Indians & Filipinos
Australia has been experiencing a shortage of skilled truck drivers in recent years. This shortage is due to an ageing workforce, a lack of young people entering the industry, and increased demand for road freight transport services. As a result, there is a growing need for qualified and experienced truck drivers in the country. So, if you think you have the skills, it is the right time to make the best use of the available opportunities and build a successful driving career in Australia.
There are several sought-after driving jobs in Australia that offer good opportunities and competitive salaries. It includes:
- Forklift Driver/Crane Operator.
- Long-Haul Truck Driver
- Bus/Coach Driver
- Mining Truck Driver
- Heavy Vehicle Operator
- Speciality Driver Roles (medical courier drivers, armoured truck drivers, hazardous materials (HazMat) transport drivers, etc).
- Delivery Driver for logistics and courier services.
Our dedicated recruitment specialists will work closely with you to understand your career goals, preferences, and visa eligibility. We’ll guide you through every step of the process, providing tailored advice and support to maximise your chances of securing your desired driver job in Australia.
How our Process Works?
Different Sectors We Work With
- Road Transport & Logistics
- Public Transport
- Waste & Circular Economy
- Property Services
- Utilities & Energy
- Minerals & Resources
- Information & Communication Technology
- Health & Aged Care
- Financial Services
- Public Administration
- Professional Services
- Tourism & Hospitality
Managing Director Paul Birch is originally from the UK and has more than 35 years of experience working for major corporations in Human Resources, Health & Safety, Corporate Communications, and Ethics & Compliance. It includes 25 years as a C Suite Executive with Global and Regional responsibilities.
New Beginnings Skills is establishing a network of partners/affiliates in Australia, India, China, Sri Lanka, and the Philippines. New countries will be added to our network during 2023 to include New Zealand, UK, Thailand & United Arab Emirates. All our Australian and overseas partners are successful leaders and organisations.
Paul has lived and worked in the UK, Australia, India, and UAE and has held responsibilities covering multiple countries. His industry sector experience includes Manufacturing, Agribusiness, Airlines, Oil & Gas, EPC, and Multi-Modal Public Transport.
During his career, he has led recruitment teams responsible for large-scale domestic and international sourcing. He has conducted international recruitment for all levels, including CEO, MD, Executive, and General Management positions. During his years in the industry, Paul has established extensive international and domestic networks and connections whom he can call upon to support the business.
Director Rahel Birch, originally from Ethiopia, has lived and worked in the UAE and Australia and has more than 15 years of experience working for international Retail and Airline brands. She was a Cabin Crew Manager during her nine years with Etihad International Airline in the UAE. She has experience in being trained and working at the highest levels of customer service, hospitality, safety, and team leadership. Rahel has travelled extensively with her work and is multilingual.
We are committed to doing things the right way. If something is not legal or ethical, we will not do it.
Ethics and Compliance
Professionalism is key to all our operations. We are highly client and candidate focused in all our operations.
We understand the needs of a constantly changing and evolving environment. We will continuously challenge ourselves to improve and innovate.
Quality & Innovation
Our Managing Director, Paul Birch, has more than 35 years of experience working for major international corporations.
We are passionate about what we do and dedicated to helping our Clients find the right candidates.
Salary Guide for Driver Jobs in Australia
- The average salary of a Truck Driver ranges from A$70,000 to A$100,000 per year.
- A Light Truck Delivery Driver can earn an average salary of A$40,000 to A$60,000 annually.
- A Courier Driver’s salary typically ranges from A$50,000 to A$80,000 per year, potentially earning more based on workload and commission structures.
- A Transit Bus Driver can earn between A$50,000 to A$80,000 per year.
- Tour Bus Driver: The average salary ranges from AUD 50,000 to AUD 70,000 per year, depending on the type of tour, hours worked, and experience.
If this payscale meets your expectations, then it is time that you connect with us and secure your choice of driving jobs in Australia. To work as a driver in Australia as a foreign national from the Philippines, India, Europe, or any other country, there are several requirements you need to consider.
- Ensure you have a valid visa that allows you to work in Australia. There are different visa options depending on your circumstances, including temporary work visas like the Temporary Skill Shortage (subclass 482) visa or the Working Holiday (subclass 417) visa.
- If you already have a valid driver’s licence from your home country, it may be recognized in Australia for a limited period. It is advisable to obtain an International Driving Permit (IDP) before arriving in Australia, as it can help translate your licence and serve as additional proof of your driving skills.
- Some states or territories in Australia require specific driver accreditations for certain commercial driving roles, such as a Taxi or Rideshare Driver Accreditation. These accreditations typically involve additional checks, including criminal history and medical assessments.
At New Beginning Skills we will help you with it all and guide you forward. We specialise in helping talented individuals worldwide find their dream jobs and facilitate a smooth transition to working and living in Australia. Our driver recruitment agency in Australia works with a global network of reputable employers who are actively seeking experienced drivers. We offer diverse driving jobs in different industries, including logistics, transportation, construction, and more. So, join us on this exciting journey of exploring rewarding career opportunities in Australia. Browse our job listings, submit your application, and let our experienced team assist you in making your dream of working in Australia a reality.
Contact us today, and let’s kickstart your international career!
Yes, all foreign nationals can work as drivers in Australia, provided they meet the necessary requirements, such as holding the appropriate driver’s licence and having the required skills and experience.
Overseas driving recruitment agencies provide a range of services, including job sourcing, pre-screening and shortlisting candidates, arranging interviews, assisting with visa and work permit processes, providing guidance on relocation logistics, and offering ongoing support throughout the employment period. For more details, you can connect with us at New Beginning Skills.
Yes, there are driver jobs in Australia that offer visa sponsorship for eligible candidates. Visa sponsorship means that the employer is willing to sponsor and support the visa application process for foreign workers to work in Australia. This allows skilled drivers from overseas to secure employment and legally work in the country.
Yes, forklift driver jobs in Australia are available for individuals, irrespective of their nationalities, provided they have the necessary qualifications. Forklift operators are in demand across various industries, including warehousing, logistics, manufacturing, construction, and retail. To work as a forklift driver in Australia, you typically need to hold a valid Forklift Licence or High-Risk Work Licence (LF class).
Yes, there are lucrative truck driver jobs in Australia for foreign nationals. The demand for truck drivers is high in Australia due to the country’s vast size and reliance on road transportation for various industries.