Healthcare Job Market in Australia at a Glance
The healthcare sector is the backbone of any country, and it’s no different for Australia. The demand for healthcare services remains consistent, regardless of the economic climate, making it a stable sector for employment. So, if you are a healthcare professional looking for opportunities abroad, Australia is the place for you.
Among the most sought-after professionals will be:
- According to the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW), 2019-2020, health expenditure accounted for approximately 10% of Australia’s GDP, which equated to around AUD 195.7 billion. This indicates the substantial economic impact of the healthcare sector.
- The healthcare and social assistance industry is one of the largest employers in Australia. As of 2020, it employed over 1.7 million people, representing approximately 14% of the Australian workforce. The sector continues to grow, creating more job opportunities.
- The healthcare job market has experienced consistent growth over the years. According to the Australian Government’s Job Outlook, healthcare and social assistance employment is projected to increase by 15.6% between 2019 and 2024, resulting in around 229,400 additional job openings.
We are New Beginning Skills, an overseas healthcare recruitment agency in Australia. With our expertise and extensive network, we aim to make the recruitment process seamless and rewarding for both candidates and healthcare organizations. We have established strong partnerships with leading healthcare institutions, hospitals, clinics, and aged care facilities across Australia. These partnerships allow us to access exclusive job opportunities and match candidates with organizations that align with their skills and aspirations. Our relationship with candidates and healthcare organizations extends beyond the placement process. We provide ongoing support to ensure a smooth transition and address any concerns or challenges that may arise. Whether you are a native or a foreign national wishing to smoothen out the search and build a lucrative healthcare career in Australia, connect with us at New Beginning Skills.
Top Healthcare Jobs for Foreign Nationals in Australia
- Australia’s growing and ageing population has increased the demand for healthcare services. This demand has created a need for healthcare professionals across different sectors, including doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, and support staff.
- Adopting digital health solutions, telehealth services, and medical technologies contributes to the growth and productivity of the healthcare job market.
- The Australian government recognizes the importance of a robust healthcare system and has significantly invested in improving healthcare access and services. Funding for healthcare infrastructure, initiatives to address workforce shortages, and policies promoting preventive care and early intervention have contributed to the growth of healthcare jobs.
- Providing healthcare services in rural and remote areas has been challenging in Australia. To bridge the healthcare gap in these regions, the government has implemented initiatives to attract healthcare professionals worldwide.
These factors have led to a significant increase in healthcare jobs in Australia. To balance the demand and supply of healthcare professionals, the county has been welcoming medical experts from across the world. So, if you are a foreign national from the Philippines, India, the UK, Europe, or any other country looking for healthcare jobs in Australia, we can help you find plenty of opportunities that meet your aspirations and skill level. Some top healthcare jobs in Australia are:
- General Practitioner (GP)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Specialist Doctors
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech Pathologist
- Dental Practitioner
- Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Enrolled Nurse
- Aged Carer
As an overseas healthcare recruitment agency in Australia, our role is to facilitate the recruitment and placement of healthcare professionals from overseas into healthcare institutions and organizations within Australia. By providing comprehensive recruitment services and support, we contribute to filling the healthcare workforce gaps and helping international healthcare professionals find rewarding employment opportunities in Australia. If you have been planning to build a healthcare career in Australia and are looking for the right opportunity, connect with us today!
How our Process Works?
Different Sectors We Work With
- Road Transport & Logistics
- Public Transport
- Waste & Circular Economy
- Property Services
- Utilities & Energy
- Minerals & Resources
- Information & Communication Technology
- Health & Aged Care
- Financial Services
- Public Administration
- Professional Services
- Tourism & Hospitality
Managing Director Paul Birch is originally from the UK and has more than 35 years of experience working for major corporations in Human Resources, Health & Safety, Corporate Communications, and Ethics & Compliance. It includes 25 years as a C Suite Executive with Global and Regional responsibilities.
New Beginnings Skills is establishing a network of partners/affiliates in Australia, India, China, Sri Lanka, and the Philippines. New countries will be added to our network during 2023 to include New Zealand, UK, Thailand & United Arab Emirates. All our Australian and overseas partners are successful leaders and organisations.
Paul has lived and worked in the UK, Australia, India, and UAE and has held responsibilities covering multiple countries. His industry sector experience includes Manufacturing, Agribusiness, Airlines, Oil & Gas, EPC, and Multi-Modal Public Transport.
During his career, he has led recruitment teams responsible for large-scale domestic and international sourcing. He has conducted international recruitment for all levels, including CEO, MD, Executive, and General Management positions. During his years in the industry, Paul has established extensive international and domestic networks and connections whom he can call upon to support the business.
Director Rahel Birch, originally from Ethiopia, has lived and worked in the UAE and Australia and has more than 15 years of experience working for international Retail and Airline brands. She was a Cabin Crew Manager during her nine years with Etihad International Airline in the UAE. She has experience in being trained and working at the highest levels of customer service, hospitality, safety, and team leadership. Rahel has travelled extensively with her work and is multilingual.
We are committed to doing things the right way. If something is not legal or ethical, we will not do it.
Ethics and Compliance
Professionalism is key to all our operations. We are highly client and candidate focused in all our operations.
We understand the needs of a constantly changing and evolving environment. We will continuously challenge ourselves to improve and innovate.
Quality & Innovation
Our Managing Director, Paul Birch, has more than 35 years of experience working for major international corporations.
We are passionate about what we do and dedicated to helping our Clients find the right candidates.
Salary Guide for Medical Jobs in Australia
- A registered nurse can make an average of A$80,000 to A$90,000 per year in Victoria and NSW.
- An enrolled nurse can make an average of A$60,000 to A$70,000 per year in NSW and Victoria.
- A radiographer can earn between A$60,000/annum and A$145,000/annum depending on their experience.
- A support worker in NSW, VIC and QLD can earn around A$60,000/annum.
- A clinical psychologist can earn an average salary of A$102,000/annum in NSW and Northern Territory.
- A counsellor can make A$75,000/annum in NSW and A$65,000/annum in QLD.
- A physiotherapist can earn an average salary of A$80,000/annum in Victoria and A$75,000/annum in QLD.
Apart from an attractive monthly salary, healthcare jobs in Australia offer several other benefits, including leave entitlements, superannuation and immense growth opportunities. If these sum up your expectations, it is time that you take the first step towards building a medical career in Australia. Whether you are from India, the Philippines, the UK, Europe, or any other part of the world, several opportunities await you once you decide to move to Australia. Our dedicated team is ready to assist you throughout the recruitment journey and help you achieve your goals. Contact us today to learn how we can help you navigate the healthcare recruitment landscape and unlock new possibilities in Australia’s thriving healthcare sector.
A healthcare recruitment agency that specializes in connecting healthcare professionals with job opportunities in the healthcare industry. They assist healthcare organizations in finding qualified candidates for their vacancies and help healthcare professionals find suitable employment opportunities.
Yes, some healthcare jobs in Australia offer visa sponsorship to qualified overseas healthcare professionals. Visa sponsorship allows international candidates to work in Australia and may provide a pathway to permanent residency.
Yes, there are healthcare jobs in Australia open to healthcare professionals, irrespective of their nationality. Australia welcomes skilled healthcare workers from various countries to help meet the demand for healthcare services
Recruitment agencies typically work with a wide range of healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, allied health professionals (physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, etc.), medical laboratory scientists, dentists, pharmacists, and other healthcare support staff.
Yes, healthcare careers in Australia are generally financially rewarding. Salaries for healthcare professionals are competitive, often higher than many other industries, and commensurate with qualifications, experience, and responsibilities. Additionally, healthcare professionals have access to various benefits and opportunities for career progression.